Types of Personal Information the Site Collects
3. Automatic Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimise our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Shop Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
4. Information collected from users who register their emails with us
When you register your emails with us, we may use it to send newsletters about our store updates, products and services that may be of interest to you. If you change your mind and like to opt-out, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the footer of our newsletter.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
How We Share the Information
6. We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
- For example: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use several different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimise your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
a) Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store:
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login|
|shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information|
b) Reporting and Analytics:
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
9. Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
10. If our assets or substantially all of our assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
Links to Third Party Websites
11. Certain activities through the Site, such as special promotions, may be linked with those from other unrelated third party companies that offer you the option to share your personal information with the third party. We will not share your personal information with those third party companies. Links provided on the Site to third party websites are provided as a convenience to you and we do not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from ours.
14. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personally identifiable information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate or required by law, we would endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
15. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details below:
Vhive Pte. Ltd., 3791 Jalan Bukit Merah, E-Centre @ Redhill, #03-04, Singapore 159471
Updated as of date: 5 August 2021